Defence Asset Management Community of Practice
Under the auspice of TD-Info, the DAMCoP is a standing joint MOD, Defence Industry and the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) community of practice. The IAM is the Asset Management (AM) professional body and will be represented by the IAM SW Branch.
The joint nature of the DAMCoP is designed to promote collaboration and mutually beneficial outcomes in the development of a Defence Asset Management System (AMS), the wider stakeholder touchpoints and Defence’s realisation of the National Security Objectives.
The purpose of the DAMCoP is to:
- Connect AM initiatives across Defence
- Share best practice from across the Defence Enterprise and other sectors in order to incorporate AM into the MOD business and process architectures
- Supporting the professional development and skills of Defence AM Practioners with the assistance of the IAM SW Branch
- Promote and develop AM understanding across Defence
- Contribute to and support the IAM SW Branch programme of events
- Promote the successes and lessons identified / learnt from the various undertaken AM activities to the wider AM community
- Identify, collate and propose to MOD suitable discovery, pilots or capability investigation activities or accelerator projects for MOD own consideration, where MOD wants to build the evidence base and business case for AM in Defence
- Identify projects for mutual benefit (MOD and Defence Industry) and submit them to Team Defence Information (TD-Info) Exec for approval.
Defence Asset Management Community of Practise Documents
|20220714-Defence Asset Management CoP Event Agenda||13/Jun/2022|
|20220714-AM Leaflet v0.4||09/Jun/2022|
|20220526-DAM CoP task 1 Meeting Minutes||13/Jun/2022|
|20220505-ILS-ISO55000 Series Relationship||06/May/2022|
|20220505-Engineering Support Transformation (EST) Introduction||05/May/2022|
|20220505-DAMCOP Presentation – Jeremy Hammond||06/May/2022|
Information on all sector-relevant events, run by TDI and other organisations.
The DAM CoP Task 1 Team will meet at the Team Defence Information office in Rudgeway. The Agenda will be added when available. [CalendarButtons...
The purpose of the Information Security Forum (ISF) is to provide better ways of working securely across Team Defence by identifying key issues and agreeing on common approaches to resolution by sharing good practice, collaborating on accreditation standards,...
UK MOD is conscious that Other Nations are seeking to place Cyber Security Requirements on the UK Defence Supply Base (DSB), and have already published an interim position on this (ISN 2021/03). In order to inform a variety of ongoing Government to Government...
News and blogs to keep you in the know.
VIMA is proud to announce it has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by KBR. KBR delivers science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex...
Introduction from our Managing Director, Phil Williams Dear TD-Info members We’re heading towards the mid-year point, and what a year it has been. We are busily preparing for the third of our major conferences this year, Defence Information ’22. Post-Covid, we are...
“Our ambition to ‘unleash the power of data’ is stronger than ever. Our future will be shaped by how we protect and exploit Defence’s assets. Data will become our second most important asset only behind our People. This is the clear intent of our Data...