1. If your organisation has any experience in the following capabilities, please contact the Futures Lab team by submitting a response to this EOI: FsLabProcurement@qinetiq.com
Experience and capability required:
- Water generation technologies.
- Assessment and understanding of the impact of technology on the environment.
- Technical evaluation and analysis of emerging technologies.
- Market surveying of current, evolving and emerging technologies.
- Water Systems integration.
- Stakeholder engagement, workshop facilitation.
2. If you organisation is aware of any Associates in UK industry and academia who could be approached to participate, in particular those with non-defence experience and NGOs, please also highlight this in your EOI response.
Water Generation and Recycling Requirement
- The adverse impact of climate change indicates that by 2050, 3.2 billion people are expected to live in areas of extreme water scarcity, and 2 billion people will be at risk of floods. Accordingly, the sustainable provision of suitable water to support military operations overseas, which will not adversely impact on the host nation, the indigenous population or environment, will become an increasingly critical planning factor.
- Building on the existing operational analysis already conducted on this subject for Defence, this task will identify and assess current, evolving and emerging technologies capable of generating sustainable water supplies suitable to support military operations overseas that do not adversely impact on the host nation population or environment.
- Task Duration. The task is in its embryonic stages development; currently, it is anticipated to be a 3 month task with a deadline of Feb 23.
- Security. The aim is to conduct the activity at an unclassified level.
- Desired Output. The output is a report including a technology roadmap review of the current and emerging technologies and forecast what the next 5 to 10 years will mean for water generation in a Defence context. The report will also provide recommendations of experimentations / prototypes that could be taken forward by Defence Support Futures.
- EOI response. Please respond by sharing a brief overview of your organisations experience with regards to any of the Water Generation and Recycling requirements – your response should be no more than 500 words submitted via email. Deadline: COP 2nd September 2022.
- Additional information. If you have a company presentation overview which you wish to share, please include this your EOI response.