Delivery Continuity Executive (formerly the ‘New Green Box’)
The Delivery Continuity Executive (DCE) is about “Sustaining the exploitation of information to increase value for money and resilience of Defence Support”. The DCE lead is Dr Tim King (seconded to TD-Info from Babcock)
- Appointed to serve as a member of the Team Defence Information core team, providing support to the Defence Suppliers Forum (DSF)
- DCE is responsible for facilitating continuity in delivery of Defence capability through the coherence of secure, digitally-enabled collaboration across Team Defence
- This collaboration sustains the exploitation of information to increase value for money and resilience of Defence Support
- Transition to Industry Co-Chair of the Industry Customers Engagement Forum (ICEF)
- Initiation of broadening of engagement with MOD ISS
Upcoming Actions include:
- Operating model for broader engagement with MOD ISS
- Processing the implications of the Engineering Support Transformation Discovery Phase
- Support to Log IS Cyber programme
Context and History
The Green Box (which ran from 2009 to 2014) was renamed ‘New Green Box’ in 2018. In April 2018, TD-Info initiated a process to create a New Green Box (NGB) as a joint MOD/Industry activity. This stems from the Defence Suppliers Forum (DSF) making a proposal and identifiying Team Defence Information (TD-Info) as the body to facilitate this activity.
(NGB) is a construct whereby Industry is engaged as a stakeholder in the MOD processes for consulting on and assessing the impact of proposed information system changes on their output based contracts as well as NGB assisting MOD to shape significant new requirements. NGB activities are designed to take advantage of the collective ‘Team Defence’ wisdom and experience to inform decisions with aims that include: minimize risk, optimize requirements setting and synergies, reduce costs and improve interoperability, agility and innovation. All these elements contribute to the shared Whole Force goal to enhance operational capabilities for UK defence.
For more information go to the Keyword: Delivery Continuity Executive (formerly New Green Box).
Delivery Continuity Executive Documents
Information on all sector-relevant events, run by TD-Info and other organisations.
The Team Defence Executive Team operate monthly sessions which will look to support and mature opportunities and guide the broad portfolio of Team Defence Activities so they align with the strategic direction and focus set by the Team Defence Strategy Group. This...
The JPDWG has held 2 meetings to establish the scope and activity to deliver against developing a Skills Framework for Support. Addresses are requested by 13th Dec to: provide their agreement to the terms of reference for the Working Group allocate resource for the...
The Mission of the Joint Information Standards Co-ordination Team (JISCOT) is to co-ordinate, for the UK, the MOD and Industry representation in the identification, development, deployment and maintenance of a coherent set of standards to meet the needs of UK Defence...
News and blogs to keep you in the know.
The Team Defence Information Newsletter for June 2023
The Team Defence Information Bulletin for August/September 2023
The Defence Supplier's Forum Newsletter for May 2023