Defence Information 2020 1 & 2 April at STEAM: 'Information-led Transformation'
Our joint MOD/Industry annual Defence Information Event (DI20) is on 1st and 2nd April at the GWR STEAM Conferencing, Swindon. Attracting some 350 delegates, DI20 combines senior-level and subject-expert speakers, a selection of workshops, panel sessions, great exhibitor stands, a showcase for Good Practice, TD-Info Annual Awards for Collaboration and Innovation, our DI20 dinner at STEAM and plenty of excellent learning and networking opportunities throughout.
To find out more about the exhibitor and sponsor packages available, please go to our event partner Symposia at Shrivenham's website here
To learn more about our annual DI20 event, download our Defence Information 2020 Flyer HERE
DI20 provides a highly informative and productive forum that annually enables MOD and Industry to meet and exchange vital information, perspectives and plans that assist Team Defence to deliver optimised performance across the defence enterprise.
DI20 Keynote speaker MOD CIO Charlie Forte recently said, “We acknowledge that there is a huge amount of transformation taking place, not just in D&IT but across the whole of Defence. As many of you will be aware, there are three basic aims for MOD across these transformation programmes to: Mobilise, Modernise and Transform. Therefore, transformation is not only focused on the D&IT Transformation Programme but on providing PanDefence Capability, to which D&IT Transformation is a key enabler as some of our projects unlock the ability for other functions to realise their own transformational ambitions.” [ISSue 12 (July 2019) article in full here. Also, see MOD Report: Mobilising, Modernising & Transforming Defence: Modernising Defence Programme
Our DI20 theme is Information-led Transformation. Defence is undergoing transformation at pace and both Industry and MOD need to ensure that their capabilities in secure information sharing address and support the needs of Defence enterprise.
Our MOD/Industry DI20 planning team are finalising the 2-day programme.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Charlie Forte, CIO Ministry of Defence - Leading the Defence Digital & IT Transformation
- David Rowland, Head of Strategy, MOD ISS & Andy Burch, Babcock International Group - Joint Information Group Co-Chairs for MOD & Industry - MOD Partnering with Industry for Joint Success
- Brig Sara Sharkey, MOD ISS Head Application Services & Dev Op - MODCloud and Defence Agile Software House
- JIG Vanguard representatives – Engaging Emerging Talent
- Luigi Sidoli BAE Systems Maritime Services - Digitally Enabled Carrier Strike –
Workshops and topics include:
- Artifical Intelligence
- Machine Leaning
- Sustainable ICT
- Skype for Busines (Microsoft Teams) - 'External' collaboration
Added: 27th November 2019