Joint Information Group announce JIG V initiative to challenge traditional thinking – Volunteers needed!
The Team Defence JIG Board has sponsored the creation of the JIG-Vanguard (JIG-V), a new group that will report directly to the Joint Information Group (JIG) Steering Board within in JIG Strategy Board.
The JIG-V will be made up of early career professionals (particularly graduates and apprentices) from across Defence and will lead thinking on alternative future policy.
The JIG-V will be made up of volunteers from industry and MOD and will focus on five tasks:
- Look for technology innovations outside of defence for exploitation inside defence
- Vet, and contribute to, JIG projects
- Identify priority areas for skills development
- Improve MOD-Industry collaboration
- Improve coherence in ICT service provision, ensuring Industry-as-a-user requirements are well understood
The JIG-V will accept one representative from each organisational division and each representative should be willing to devote at least 8 days a year to JIG-V activities.
Candidates must be willing to engage with senior positions across MOD and Industry.
Membership is open to all TDI members and MOD with volunteered sought by the end of July, with the initial JIG-V strategy meetings to take place in August.
Added: 1st July 2019