S1000D User Forum – 'In Session'
This news story has been archived
With under 3 months to go to this year’s S1000D User Forum and Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Specification Day in London, we are delighted to share new speaker updates with you. Check out the website to see who will be speaking over the four-day event.
The full programme includes a comprehensive list of tutorials, demonstrations and keynotes over the four days. Topic highlights on the Tuesday/Wednesday include:
- A traditional S1000D Plenary with a keynote from Jan Pie ASD
- A ‘Defence Customers Brief’ focusing on the work of the Defence Interest Group (DIG), US Navy and other defence organisations on implementing S1000D. A Q&A session follows to discuss the points raised.
- The issue of integrating S1000D with other specifications or disciplines including the integration of LSAR into an S1000D workflow (WebX).
- A case study on the use of Issue 4.1 (BAE Systems)
Network with the S1000D community at our social functions. The delegate ticket price includes entry to the Drinks Reception on Monday and Networking Dinner on Tuesday offering further opportunities to spend time with your industry colleagues in a relaxed environment.
S1000D in London brings together over 300 aerospace and defence professionals. View our delegate list to see who will be attending.
Hear about customer experiences with specifications
As part of the ILS Specification Day there will be a dedicated track with case studies on:
- The Bundeswehr’s enterprise resource planning system, SASPF, presented by Major Andreas Muehlberg, Logistics Staff Officer
- Specification benefits for the UK Submarine Fleet, presented by Guy Dabell, Head of Submarine Platform Engineering, Babcock International
- The French MOD Digital Continuity Guidance Project, presented by Etienne Bousquet, Chef de projet, Consultant Fonctionnel, Connectiv-IT and Dartaguiette Jean-Baptiste, Consultant Fonctionnel, Connectiv-IT
- Smartforce - An Airbus initiative for new data services, presented by Ildiko Ferencsik, Head of SmartForce, Airbus Defence and Space
Take advantage of discounted accommodation in London. A discounted rate is on offer at the event venue - Hilton London Tower Bridge. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
As the full four-day programme takes further shape over the coming weeks, make sure to check the ADS website for updates.
We look forward to welcoming you to this unique event.
................... further information......................
The annual international S1000D User Forum - and Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Specification Day - is being held in London (14 – 17 October). ADS Group are organisers and the event has several UK speakers, including TD-Info Chair Nigel Whitehead proviing a keynote.
On behalf of its members, TD-Info is actively involved in international standards; for instance, Phil Williams (Managing Director) is the Chair of the Product Support Specification Group (PSSG). He particpates in ASD which is the voice of European Aeronautics, Space, Defence and Security industries, actively supporting the competitive development of the sector.
S1000D is an international specification for the procurement and production of technical publications. It is an XML specification for preparing, managing, and using equipment maintenance and operations information. It was initially developed by ASD for use with military aircraft. The specification has since been modified for use with land, sea, and commercial equipment. S1000D is part of the S-Series of ILS specifications.
S1000D is maintained by the S1000D Steering Committee, which includes members from ASD, the United States' Aerospace Industries Association (AIA), and the Air Transport Association (ATA), along with national industry and defence representatives from most of the countries currently using the specification.
The key business driver is to reduce the cost and complexity of technical documentation by providing a modular structure with components that can be reused for different product versions. The use of a common structure also permits the use of generic viewing tools which are not specific to a software product.
Each year, successively, ASD, AIA and ATA hosts the S1000D User Forum. It is the premier event of the Technical Publications community. It provides firsthand, high-level and comprehensive information for managers but also a deep dive for technical experts – accompanied by presentations about successfully implemented use cases and an exhibition with live system demonstrations.
Added: 27th September 2019