MOD-Industry Human Factory Integration (HFI) Liaison Group
The MOD-Industry HFI Liaison Group was formed in 2018, following a decision to dissolve the long-established MOD-Industry HFI Working Group. The Working Group has effectively been reformed as the Liaison Group and a new MOD-Industry HFI Steering Group has been established to provide direction in terms of HFI Policy, Processes, Guidance, Education and other important issues.
The MOD-Industry HFI Liaison Group is open to anyone working for, or in support of, the UK Defence Enterprise (i.e. MOD agencies, Armed Forces, UK Defence Industry and UK Academia). Membership (and attendance at meetings) requires approval from the Chairs of both the Liaison and Steering groups. Industry provides the Chair of the Liaison Group (Steve Harmer) and Secretary (Gareth Shaw).
The MOD-Industry HFI Steering Group comprises 6 MOD and 6 Industry representatives and aims to provide direction in terms of HFI Policy, Processes, Guidance, Education and other important issues. The MOD provides the Chair (Laird Evans) and Secretary (Kelly Davies).
The contact details of the Chairs and Secretaries of both groups can be accessed – after you have signed-in as a website member – via a link that then appears titled Click here for Diary Dates, Contacts and More Information.
Aims of the MOD-Industry HFI Liaison Group
- To assist in the improvement of the process of Human Factors Integration (HFI) as conducted by MOD and its contractors.
- To represent an informed view of practices and problems related to HFI within MOD acquisitions.
- To provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of Human Factors research and applications of value to MOD.
- Provide feedback to the MOD-Industry HFI Steering Group regarding HFI policy, process and guidance information. The minutes of meetings will constitute formal reports to the Steering Group.
- To provide a forum where both MOD and Industry can both celebrate success and also raise and track concerns on the implementation of HFI within the UK.
- To promote the use of standards, guidance and common approaches to HFI.
- To identify gaps in techniques, knowledge or information that are needed to support HFI and recommend specific activities to overcome them.
- To establish links between MOD, Industry and Academia in order to maximise information exchange on HFI-related issues to the widest possible audience.
- Minutes of meetings including presentations will be distributed to all members and posted on the HFI Management System (HuFIMS) site, hosted on the MOD Knowledge in Defence (KiD) system.
Further information is only available to members
Please enter your details below and press Submit
Click here if you have forgotten your password
Information on all sector-relevant events, run by TDI and other organisations.
Team Defence information is looking to run a follow up event to the workshop held on the 13th June to support Defence Digital in the creation of a UK Health Check of Defence Industrial Base. The session will be run both virtually and physically, if you would like to...
You are invited to join us for the MDI Town Hall Event, which takes place on the 16th November 2022 at Airbus Space & Satellite Rooms 1-4 at Stevenage This event will be supported by Guest Speakers, to explore UK developments within the MDI Quest. Please note that...
The purpose of the Information Security Forum (ISF) is to provide better ways of working securely across Team Defence by identifying key issues and agreeing on common approaches to resolution by sharing good practice, collaborating on accreditation standards,...
News and blogs to keep you in the know.
Instructions 1. If your organisation has any experience in the following capabilities, please contact the Futures Lab team by submitting a response to this EOI: FsLabProcurement@qinetiq.com Experience and capability required: Water generation...
The PDWG includes the Capability, People and Skills areas within MOD, Industry, Academia and Professional Institutes researching and designing the future skills landscape for the defence sector. Its Purpose is to provide evidenced analysis and assessment to inform...
Introduction from our Managing Director, Phil Williams Dear TD-Info World, As we head towards the summer break, there has been a lot of activity in the TD-Info space this past month and I hope the rest of the newsletter will give you a flavour of what has been going...