Ethics in AI Conference - Virtual Event
Wednesday 26th May 2021
Location : Online ONLY
Time : 09:00 to 16:00
In recent years we have seen an exponential growth in the adoption and deployment of Artificial Intelligence (AI) across many industries and sectors. As a technology, AI has the potential to transform the defence domain, with applications emerging in critical fields such as cyber defence, defence logistics and risk management. The ethical and responsible adoption of this technology is paramount for building public trust and enabling the true benefits of AI to be recognised.
The conference, a joint event run in collaboration between TD-Info, techUK and BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, hosted by General Tom Copinger-Symes CBE, will explore how AI is currently being used in defence and deep-dive into some of the key ethical issues associated with its application, through a series of presentations, panel debates and Q&A sessions.
In order to develop a broad understanding of the ethical issues at play, we have already confirmed a range of stakeholder representatives from across government, industry, military and academia.
The conference is free to attend and provides an opportunity to better understand the potential AI could offer to your organisation, but also the key issues that should be addressed throughout the implementation process.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Keynote 1: Lord Clement-Jones CBE, Co-Chair of the All- Party Parliamentary Group on Artificial Intelligence and Vice Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Groups on Digital Regulation
- Keynote 2: Major General Tom Copinger-Symes CBE
- Keynote 3: Mivy James, Digital Transformation Director and Head of Consulting for BAE Systems
- Professor Debi Ashenden, DST Group-University of Adelaide
- Professor Ian Bryant & Professor Colin Williams, Warwick University
- Lt Col Geraint Evans, British Army Directorate Information Capability
- Prof Patrick J Baker, Head Science, Air Information Experimentation RAF Rapid Capabilities Office & Air Cdre Mark Phelps OBE MA MSc RAF, Deputy Director Legal Services RAF
- Lee Glazier Head of Service Integrity, Rolls-Royce
- Dr Kevin Macnish, Senior Digital Ethics Consultant & Ben Gilburt, AI Ethics Lead, Sopra Steria
- Dr Keith Dear & Dr Darminder Ghataoura, Fujitsu Defence & National Security
- Courtney Bowman, Director of Privacy and Civil Liberties Engineering, Palantir
- Rob Solly, Director of Research Partnerships, Improbable
- Colin Kelly, Linguistic Innovation and Research Team Lead, Adarga.
The conference will be a fully virtually event and JOINING INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE ISSUED A DAY OR SO BEFORE CONFERENCE DAY
There is 1 document/file associated with this event.
Ethics in AI Conference Programme Public P Expand