Logistics Technology Investigations - Stakeholder Engagement Workshops
Wednesday 19th February 2020
Location : Bristol or Aldershot
Time : 09:00 to 16:00
Logistics Technology Investigations - Stakeholder Engagement Workshops with a choice of locaitons to attend. More details and how to apply to join these sessions, please click HERE.
The Defence Science & Technology Laboratory (Dstl) has contracted Atkins to deliver a set of investigations over the next 2½ years into Logistics Technologies and determine which may be suitable for adoption by UK MOD. We are pleased to assist in dissemination of details about two Stakeholder Engagement Workshops you may be interested in joining.
• 19th Feb 2020 – Forward supply chain opportunities -Getting material and equipment from factories and warehouses to theatre (but not the “last mile”) in an efficient and effective manner
• 27th Feb 2020 – Reverse supply chain opportunities -Managing and enabling the flow of returns, faulty equipment, waste, and other assets & material for onward redistribution, storage and disposal
For each session, there are workshops running in parallel at Bristol and Aldershot for easy of accessibility for participants. They are focussed on Autonomy & Automation (A&A) with the aim of identifying how these can enable more effective delivery of Defence Support. The objectives of the Work Package 4 they are under are:
• Identify the art-of-the-possible in automation and autonomy as applied to logistics processes and technology outside of Defence
• Assess the suitability of techniques and technologies for adoption by Defence
• Make recommendations on where they could be most beneficially deployed
NB: when you apply that you are interested in participating in these workshops, you will need to give your name, affiliation, role, preferred locations and availability for each date. Click HERE for details and email address to apply.
There are no documents/files associated with this event.