Thursday 12th - Friday 13th March 2020
Location : Location Radisson Blu Edwardian, Heathrow,140 Bath Road, Harlington, UB3 5AW
Time : 08:30 to 17:00
Use the document links below to find out more about LOGNET, including the full Programme and content from the presentations (slides, audio and teranscripts) as they come available. Please be patient awaiting these, given the current circumstances with regard to Covid-19
LOGNET is the Ministry of Defence’s (MOD’s) logistics and support enterprise-engagement and future-development event for 2020. The MoD wishes to advance its engagement with industry, academia, international partners and allies to optimise military logistics and support capabilities and promote UK prosperity; not just by being open for business, but ready for modernisation and change. LOGNET aims to improve the collective understanding of UK Defence's support requirements, and to pursue knowledge of academic and commercial capability while reinforcing partnerships nationally and internationally.
The following themes framed LOGNET:
- Sustainability - meeting future environmental targets whilst minimising demand, footprint, cost and waste.
- Resilience - successfully delivering support in a threat-driven contested and degraded environment.
- Interoperability - operating seamlessly with allies and partners on a global scale.
- Digital Transformation - exploiting information at the speed of relevance combined with appropriate technology to deliver agility and mass.
- Innovation - identifying opportunities for doing things differently and/or doing different things.
LOGNET was held at Radisson Blu Edwardian, Heathrow,140 Bath Road, Harlington, UB3 5AW
- Understanding Defence’s logistic and support requirements for future challenges in order to propose superior solutions.
- Leveraging the opportunity to influence Defence Logistic and Support policy, direction, planning and development.
- Engaging directly with Defence's Future Support Operations Force concept and vision.
- Identifying opportunities to conduct business with Defence partners.
- Maintaining and building upon the equitable relationship between Defence and its logistics and support enterprise partners.
- Utilising the opportunity for attendees to question senior Defence and thought-leaders through interactive conference software.
Background The LOGNET conference is hosted annually by UK Defence Logistics. Each event builds upon the last and acts as a forum for senior leaders in Defence Logistics and Support to engage with industrial, academic and international partners and allies.
This LOGNET conference included keynote presentations from the newly created and appointed Chief of Defence Logistics and Support (CDLS) Richard Wardlaw, updates on our Support Transformation Programme, including the Defence Support Operating Model (DSOM) implementation, and sharing progress made on Future Support Operations Force technology-led concept work, including updates from our international colleagues.LOGNET seeks to build a stronger relationship with attendees and offers a further opportunity to renew discussion, exchange information and build greater alliances.
The aim of LOGNET is to update participants on current ambition, discuss associated concepts and capabilities under development and seek expert input and opportunities from the assembled forum. Furthermore, outputs from annual LOGNET conferences are subsequently used to inform and drive technology-led sub-working group activity (e.g. AI, Additive Manufacture and Robotics & autonomous Systems that is undertaken between events to consider the challenges and potential solutions to Defence Logistics and Support challenges in more detail.
LOGNET is relevant to strategic decision makers, technology developers and thought leaders, and is themed: Sustaining assured support in a contested and degraded environment. The following topics will be interwoven throughout the event:
- Rapid information infrastructure deployment
- Human and Computer Interfaces
- Reducing dependency demand, operational cost and logistics footprint on deployments
- Condition Based Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance and Monitoring Systems
- Space and weight (Saving) Food Concept: full nourishment, with lower logistics footprint
- Smarter Power generation, consumption and Distribution
- Real-time monitoring, reporting and management of the condition of precious stock
- Battlefield Water Generation
- Battlefield Manufacturing (Additive Manufacturing)
- Robotics and Autonomous support systems and technologies
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for logistics decision support
- Agile Warehousing
- Augmented Reality for training and surrogate expert maintenance and repairs
Keynote speakers are drawn from all areas of defence, academic and industrial sectors and include:
- Chief Defence Logistics and Support (CDLS) at Strategic Command, Richard Wardlaw, will brief attendees on his role as the Functional Leader for Support: insights, ambition, vision and the DSOM construct, to inform their respective commercial and technology strategies.
- CDLS will also 'Relaunch' the Defence Support Transformation Programme, and provide an opportunity to describe DSOM, Business Modernisation for Support, the Integrated Operating Concept, challenges, and Defence Activity Programme opportunities in the near and medium futures
- Senior Defence Leaders of DSOM Pillars will describe the priorities, pressures and opportunities for their organisations
- Academic thought-leaders will discuss, amongst other topics, Rethinking Defence for a Circular Economy
- Industrial leaders will speak about transformative and sustainable change in logistics
- International partners will describe their achievements, experiences and aspirations in addition to extant and potential collaborative projects
This is the page where presentations from LOGNET 20 will be published when available
AI - Artificial Intelligence Chatham House Rules Digital Revolution Digital Twin Digitalisation DISCOG - Defence & Industry Support Chain Optimisation Group Innovation & Digital Disruption Interoperability Logistics LOGNET LOGNET 2020 Machine Leaning (ML) Robotics & Autonomous Systems (RAS) Sustainable Development - Zero Carbon Transformation
There are 5 documents/files associated with this event.
About Team Defence Information - March 2020 Public PA Expand
LOGNET Event Programme_12&13 March 2020 - Version used at Event Public PA Expand
LOGNET Programme for 13 & 13 March 2020 - speakers listing only Public Expand
LOGNET 12&13 March 2020 - Apply for a Stand Public P Expand
LOGNET 12&13 March 2020 - About this Free Event Public P Expand