Calling Young Professionals to benefit from joining the Good Practice Study Group 2018 - Entries Open to 23 March
Team Defence Information Good Practice Study Group - Call for Participation in 2018
Calling Engineers & Junior Managers - develop your professional skills and make worthwhile contributions for your company (entry deadline 23rd March)
Download a flyer with details of the benefits - individual professinoal development and opportunities for the company (employer) taking part. There is a link to a video of past particpants.
Invitation from the Joint Professional Working Group
This is an opportunity for engineers / junior managers to develop their research, management and presentational skills in a work-related topic that has direct relevance to their working environment.
This activity is spread over a nine month period starting in April 2018. It includes a minimum of three full-day meetings, time for research and contact with mentors and a day for the final presentation to a group of interested and experienced defence professionals from both Industry and the Ministry of Defence. The latter takes place in mid-December. Outputs are made available via the Team Defence website with additional appropriate communication to Team Defence membership and the wider defence community.
This successful programme has been running since 2010 with places each year for approximately 8 participants. It has accumulated a knowledge base whose papers and presentations are available on the Good Practice Study Group section of the website NB: to access content you will need first to Register at http://www.teamdefence.info and then Sign-In.
Benefits of participation in the Team Defence Good Practice Study include:
- Gain mentoring from experienced managers along with guidance on research and presentation techniques
- Develop contacts and gain wider ‘visibility’ within your organisation and in the wider defence community by pursuing research that may stretch beyond your ‘comfort zone’
- Gain the mutual support of fellow engineers/junior managers in the Study Group cohort
- Undertake stimulating hands-on learning and share know-how within your organisation and beyond
- Add to your cv and possibly contribute towards application for professional recognition
Find previous entries under the Key word Good Practice Study Group
Added: 5th March 2018