Non-TD-Info Event: LOGNET 18-2 Accelerating Support Innovation
Tuesday 9th October 2018
Location : Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel, UB3 5AW
Time : 09:00 to 18:00
To download the Event Flyer click HERE
LOGNET 18-2: ACCELERATING SUPPORT INNOVATION
Event Overview. LOGNET is the Ministry of Defence’s support engagement and future development event for the Defence Support Network. It is designed to improve the understanding of UK Defence’s support requirements, pursue knowledge of developments in academic and commercial capability, whilst reinforcing partnerships through continued engagement. Its outcome is to assist Defence in arguing the case for the UK to maintain a credible, highly capable and value for money support capability.
Aim of LOGNET 18-2. This event will focus members of the Defence Support Network on ‘Accelerating Support Innovation’ to help Defence face emerging threats. The event will enable this by: detailing the current innovation focus; exploring new technologies and areas of research; introduce departments from both industry and Defence who can assist; and help to assist rapid procurement.
Event Content. LOGNET 18-2 will be split into five themed sessions over one day:
1. ‘Defence’s Innovation Agenda.’
2. ‘The potential of Autonomy & Robotics.’
3. ‘Accelerating support innovation.’
4. ‘Routes to market.’
5. ‘Modernising Defence Support.’
Timeline - download the Event flyer for this
Confirmed Speakers. The event will be opened by the Minister for Defence Procurement, Stuart Andrew MP and closed by the Vice Chief of the Defence Staff, General Sir Gordon Messenger KCB, DSO & Bar, OBE, ADC.
Benefits of attending LOGNET.
1. Understand Defence’s support requirements to propose superior solutions.
2. Opportunity to influence Defence support policy, direction and development.
3. Engage with the future vision of Defence support capability and industry integration.
4. Opportunity to conduct business with Defence partners.
5. Maintain the equitable relationship between Defence and the logistics and engineering enterprise.
6. Opportunity for attendees to forward questions, points and comments directly via an interactive conference software app.
Administration. Lunch and refreshments will be provided and parking at the hotel is free. Accommodation can be booked here at a discounted rate for LOGNET delegates. Other hotels can be found through price comparison websites.
Attendance. If your organisation is connected to the logistics and engineering support sector and you would like to engage with the Defence support community, please feel welcome to sign up and attend LOGNET 18-2 here: https://lognet18-2.eventbrite.co.uk/.
There is 1 document/file associated with this event.